Bacon/Webster - Wolff/Roberts House (1856)                            #17


Orson Bacon arrived in Neillsville in 1855. He was a farmer and built a vernacular gabled ell dwelling with two gabled wings. After the Civil War, Eugene Webster came to Neillsville and operated a livery stable. Webster purchased the Bacon home, enlarging and extensively remodeling the existing structure in 1898. Adding the iron-crested belvedere tower with spindled balustrade atop a new balustrade entry porch and the large Queen Anne window created a Victorian flavor. LR

EL – The structure is eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
LR – The structure is listed on the Local Historic Register
NR – The structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places